Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Party

Tonight is my friend Danny's Christmas party! Clearly I don't go to many parties but I have been going to this annual party for many years now. It's always so much fun! He has a good group of friends. They are quite nerdy but so am I! Tonight I'm going to stay out late, drink alcoholic drinks, and forget that I'm a mom for one night! Yay! I'm so excited! This will be the first and only party with my friends that I'll go to all year!

C is not too thrilled about it. He doesn't trust my friendship with Danny. He thinks there is more going on. There isn't. Danny has always been a good friend to me since I met him during college orientation. He stuck by me through both pregnancies, countless fights with C, the break up with S, and the countless times my mom has hurt me. I know that I could count on Danny no matter what.

We have an issue two years ago. I flirted with one of his friends and he got incredibly mad at me. I guess he had a crush on me at the time. He was drunk so his reaction was a bit over-dramatic. We talked about it after that, clarifying that we are just friends and that's all we'll ever be. Since then, I've met one of his next few girlfriends. I even helped him get through that breakup. He's one of my best friends.

C has no reason to be upset about this party. He parties with his friends, including flirting with them, much more than I ever could. He's even going out with fellow Marines tonight. I'll probably end up calling him late tonight. I don't mean to; I want to enjoy my only night off. I just have this habit of calling him every time I drink. I used to give my cell phone to friends after my second drink just to make sure I wouldn't call him. (Of course, at that time, the toxic friends I had would give me the cell phone back because they loved laughing at me calling him. That's another story though.) I'm going to try to resist calling him on my own tonight. I have faith in my abilities even though my impulse control is not the strongest as evidenced by this half eaten bag of candy at my desk...

No comments:

Post a Comment