Friday, June 21, 2013

The Wedding

So yay I did actually get married yesterday! We went to the courthouse on my lunch break and were married before the judge. It may not have been the most romantic wedding but honestly it was exactly what I wanted. I'm not the type of person to want a big wedding. That's just too many people. I would also hate to try to plan the whole thing. There's just too many details I care absolutely nothing about! It's too bad planning the wedding is seen as the bride's job. I'd be happy if C planned the whole thing :P

We had to have a fast wedding because C leaves in less than a week. He recently joined the marines and he just finished bootcamp. Now he has 10 days leave before going back :( it's really had knowing he's going back so soon but this was his decision. We're both really independent people. While we discuss decisions together we both know that the other will do what he or she thinks is best even if the other disagrees. 

While joining the marines was his decision, following him to wherever they send him is left up to me. I don't want to be apart from him but my job and the kids' day care are both here. It would be hard to move. I've decided to compromise a bit. I'll follow him to one location. If he gets sent somewhere else, he can move back by us when he's out of the marines. He says he's only going to do the 4 years he signed up for, so it won't be that bad...

I need to keep my own plans flexible until I follow him. That, among other reasons, is why I'm choosing to live with my parents right now. I don't want a lease on an apartment if I have to break it in the middle and I don't want to deal with moving all the stuff for the 3 of us anyway. (A certainly has the most stuff even though she's not even 2 months old!) Thankfully my parents are ok with letting me and my kids stay there. Otherwise we'd have no choice but to move more often. 

It's weird; even though I'm living with them, I still haven't told my parents that I'm married. It's not a secret and I am wearing my ring. I just don't like talking about my personal life with them. We didn't have the best relationship when I was a kid and that hasn't changed much now that I'm an adult. I know I have to tell them sooner or later but this is probably the only part of the wedding that I don't feel the need to rush. 

No comments:

Post a Comment