Friday, June 28, 2013

Insurance

I'm trying to get on C's insurance. Not only is military insurance one of the best (or so I've heard), it's also a lot cheaper than my policy through work. It's been a struggle to get added to his policy tho. I've had to send him social security cards and birth certificates for both me and A. He already had the documents for G. I also had to send him a copy of the marriage certificate and marriage license. Of course, I didn't realize I needed both. I had to make two trips to the courthouse to pick them up. I went on my lunch break twice this week. I even talked to the same lady both days. She's also the one who C and I applied for the license with. By the last day, she recognized me. She gave me the marriage license copy for free because she felt bad that I was there so often! (I'm extremely grateful for that, but it's still embarrassing!)

Even after all that, I'm still not done. C is going to send me a form I need to sign and notarize to get A on the insurance. See, A isn't biologically related to C. (I'll get into that story in another post. C is the only dad A has ever known and will ever know.) Right now A is on my insurance so I need her to be on C's. I can't even cancel my insurance until I know she's on his. She has another doctors' appointment in two months and I'm not paying out of pocket for that! Hopefully, I'll be able to finish taking care of my part today.

No comments:

Post a Comment