Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Favoritism

Well, I think my heart might be broken. G has a favorite parent and it isn't me. It isn't even C. His favorite "parent" is actually his grandma, my mom. I love him more than anything! Everything I've done, I've done it for him! He means the world to me! I know I'm physically away from him for most of the day but it's only because I work. Even work I do for him. I have to provide. We can't be another teenage mom horrible statistic. When I get home I guess I do spend more time with A than with him. She cries constantly when my mother holds her. At least that kid knows who is truly a good person. While I'm holding A, my mother gets G everything he needs: food, milk, toys, etc. She also spoils G as grandmothers are supposed to. I have to be the harsh disciplinarian. I hate this.

It is even worse considering what an awful mom my mother was to me. She didn't care that I was diagnosed with depression at age 14. She never hugged me or said "I love you." I'm pretty sure she never loved me at all. She always criticizes me to the point of tears, even now. I'm glad she's treating G better than she treated me but I still don't trust her with the emotional well-being of my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment