Thursday, August 1, 2013

Money

The good news: my paycheck was over double the usual this week because I got a bonus for finishing all my testing for the CPA exam and I got reimbursed for my FSA dependent care for June. Yay!

The bad news: a whole lot of unexpected expenses!


  • I got billed by the hospital for an extra $1,450 regarding A's birth. I called the hospital to see what this was. The lady I talked to said the insurance company denied my claim because they needed to ask me some questions so the hospital billed me for the whole amount. I call the insurance company. They said the doctors didn't send them all the paper work they need so they denied the claim. They also said the hospital was wrong for billing me and I should not pay this. (Fine by me!) I call the doctor's office and explain the situation. The receptionist took down my information, said she'd look into it, and promised to call me back. Over 12 hours and no call back. This situation is not resolved yet.
  • The cost of parking my car by the train went up from $5 a day to $12 a day with no warning. I guess it's back to street parking and risking getting mugged or worse. (The train only runs through very dangerous neighborhoods this early in the morning. Ugh!)
  • The charger for my laptop broke. I need to buy a new one or I won't be able to use the laptop. Or I could buy a new laptop... Nope, I'll buy the charger!
  • My cousin's future wife's bridal shower is this weekend. I need to buy her a gift. Thankfully she registered at Target so I can find her something affordable. I'll probably buy the wedding gift now too just to save time. 
  • Day care. This one is expected but it is still a painful bill. Over $2,000 a month! I'm lucky I can pay that on a starting salary!
I can't talk to C and I don't have access to his bank account either. (Online banking locked me out!) So at least we'll have a big chuck of cash sitting there once I can finally access it. Until then, all of our bills are coming from my pay check.

No comments:

Post a Comment