Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A Little Rant

I'm so tired of people not doing the things they are supposed to do. If you cannot do it, then say so. If you can do it and people are paying you to do it, then to not do it is just stupid. Two examples from just the past couple of days:

1. My parents had bought lunch meat the other day from Jewel but when we got home, we noticed the pack was already open. I took it back to the store with the receipt to do a simple exchange and buy something for G for school. Easy enough, right? Nope. The person doing returns clearly did not want to be there. He didn't look up at me the whole time I was explaining the problem. He just said to go get another one. Rude, but ok. I get another one and twenty bananas. There were no shopping carts inside. Clearly, someone didn't bring them in from the parking lot like they were supposed to. I walk to the self-checkout to pay for my bananas. The customer service desk does not have a scale, I know the code anyway, and the lane was right in front of the service desk. I thought this would be the most convenient way to complete my transaction. No one was at the desk. They already had my defective product and receipt so I just put the new meat into a bag without scanning it. To the person working the self-checkout lanes and any cameras, it would've looked like I was stealing the meat even though I wasn't. No one even looked at me. I could've actually stolen something and no one would've cared! The job is not that hard! I know, I've done it! I hate incompetence.

2. I'm supposed to be getting a new computer at work. The one I have now is old and slow. I received an email telling me to expect a new computer three weeks ago. The computers have arrive two weeks ago. The IT guy was here yesterday installing computers. Still no new computer! If your job is to show up and fix technology problems, how can you not install three computers in eight hours! It's laziness! He even asked for my password so he could configure my computer yesterday. No change. I hate the IT company we use!

Alright, rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment