Friday, October 4, 2013

Selfish?

I'm trying really hard not to be mad at C right now. He came back and things have been great. But both nights he's been back so far, he's gone out with friends. He goes out, drinks with them, and then he sleeps all day. Funny thing is that I'm up all night too. A has had very bad nights lately. She not only wakes up repeatedly, but she stays up for a few hours each time. Last night I got four hours of sleep and only two of those hours were consecutive. I have to stay up all day at work and I'll have to repeat that kind of night again tonight. He can sleep all day while A is at day care! Why can't he help me for a few nights so I can regain my sanity?

Maybe I'm being unreasonable. He hasn't seen his friends in three months and he obviously misses them. He really can't even help me. My parents won't let him stay overnight with me and his parents decided to use his room for storage so now the four of us would not fit in there. A has developed stranger anxiety; she screams every time C holds her. It really isn't even possible for him to help.

I can't help feeling angry at him, though. I clearly need help. I can't keep up this pace by myself for much longer. I'm already depressed. Instead of helping with my stress, he goes out with friends! He's having fun while I'm completely miserable. Why doesn't he care? Why doesn't he want to help? Why do I feel so alone even though he's back?

Maybe I deserve to be selfish. I'm sure he wants to go out with friends, but he has responsibilities. He should be staying in with me. He should be helping me. I don't have to go through this alone. He said I do so he should help me! Why doesn't he realize this?

No comments:

Post a Comment