Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Where I Fit Into the Marines

C was telling me about an evening activity he was looking forward to yesterday. He and a couple other marines were going to jog up a mountain FOR FUN! I couldn't believe it. That definitely didn't sound like fun to me. He wants to keep training so when he goes to MCT, he will still be in great shape. Sounds crazy to me. My idea of fun is sitting on a comfy couch reading a great book while sipping delicious coffee. I'm not cut out for the Marines.

I've been reading up online about marine wives too. I'm not sure I want to define myself like that. Those girls (or at least the ones doing most of the posting on forums) are young and needy. They are kids who don't seem to have much going on in their own lives by the way the sit around pining for their marine. Don't get me wrong, I miss C so bad it knocks me breathless sometimes but I still have too much going on to sit around waiting for him. (I'm sure there are wives who aren't like this but I can't seem to find them.)

Are there any marine wives like me? Any marine wives who stick close to their parents so they will have a solid support system no matter where their marine goes? Any marine wives who love having their own career? Any marine wives who make more money than their husbands? Any marine wives that refuse to move more than once for the kids' sake?

Please reach out to me if you know someone like that. I feel like I'm all alone. I feel like I don't fit into the marine family at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment