Monday, September 16, 2013

Something's Happening...

C called me today. The Marines are talking about moving up his training. He's supposed to be waiting for his class to start in January. Instead, he might be able to start in October. This is both good and bad. Once he's done training, he can be deployed at anytime with very little warning. At least the tension over Syria has died down for now. Last I heard, we are trying for peaceful negotiations with military intervention being only a distant threat. He might also be stationed somewhere far away, like Japan. I couldn't follow him out of the country. The demand for accountants who know US tax law is very low outside of this country.

Of course there is good news. He might be stationed somewhere in the United States. Then G, A, and I can move right away to be with him. I miss him so much. I'm ready to sacrifice my only moving once rule to be with him. Long distance is as hard as everyone says and four years apart is a long time. I won't move until after the next tax season though. It'll be a lot easier for me to find a job when I'm trained as a senior rather than an associate. I can't wait to finally see C again!

No comments:

Post a Comment